Saturday, June 23, 2012


So, did you think about where you would move?  How you would start a new life?  Would you be careful, organize what you have and plan the rest?  Plan your life, live your plan?



I started at the end and worked backwards.  Where did I want to be at the end of my life?  What memories did I want to have?  I already have a spectacular collection of memories; I have had a great life!  I have been places and done things people write (and read) books about.



The memories are divided into two piles; before and after marriage.  I feel as if, looking back, I directed both.  The difference was the focus.  Before, I it was all about me.  Yes, I was self-centered and selfish, but my parents told me I could be anything and do anything I put my mind to, so I was and I did.  I was also independent and self-sufficient.  My father did buy my first car (a $400 Dodge Coronet), and my mother fed, clothed and sheltered me.  Thank you, Mama and Daddy.



Long story short (hahahahahaha),  I was born to be a politician or an artist.  Way too many skeletons in my closet for a political future.  Skeletons are, on the other hand, a firm foundation for any creative life.  Art, it is.  Now what?

2 comments:

  1. Exactly when did it cease to be all about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. I can answer when, exactly, it bacame all about me again: 2/14/12. I have been shocked to learn that all the effort I put into "thinking of others" went unnoticed. It is much easier now that I can be pure Pollyanna because I don't expend vast amounts of energy being trying to be acceptable to others. I'm a little lonely, but the decisions I make are truly mine, and I only have to justify them to myself. There's that all-about-me thing again. I, a rulebreaker, am accepting two natural laws, the law of conservation of energy and the law of attraction. Only time will tell if these are enough.

      Delete