Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some Things Never Change

Wahoo!  A wedding shower. 
The lovely Theresa (a recent high school graduate - Congratulations, Theresa!) is
modeling my group's (Group 3) spectacular, cutting-edge one-shoulder
grecian-goddess mini. Unfortunately, another group (Group 4) won the chocolate.
  The winner is on the right; at least one person in that group had done this toilet-paper wedding dress thing before because it had really amazing details including a ruffled neckline.  Really, it took us half of our five minutes to figure out it was easier for the "bride" to turn than for us to wrap her.  Since I go to one wedding shower every seven or eight years, I will probably never develop the skill needed to win.

Besides, I used all the time leading up to the shower (and a little more) making my gift.
 
Modeling this is the bride-to-be, my niece Whitney.  I used my extrordinary texting skills to communicate with her, having her describe her wedding bouquet; Calla lilies with Tiffany blue wrap.  It's the first apron I've made in 30 years and I am not an
excellent renderer, but I'm happy with ther result. I tried thread painting without batting.
I'm considering marketing an apron, but it will be much less labor-intensive I promise.  I had been considering making mini-quilts for the pockets. 

BY THE WAY, IT'S HOT AND SO AM I!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment