Sunday, April 18, 2010

If it's Wrong, Fix it

It's the middle of April.  Two weeks ago my BFF and my day-job boss asked me if I was depressed.  Hmm...both are very astute women, and after very little thought I realized that, sure enough, I was situationally depressed.  No, I am not a doctor, nor do  play one on television.  I made up the diagnosis, but it was accurate.  I had too much on my plate and was doing pretty much nothing.  Immobile.  No forward progress.  Guilt was keeping me from doing anything.

I was sad to realize the problem portion on my plate was my EfM class.  I wasn't studying.  I skipped two weeks of class because I did not want to go unprepared.  I did once and I felt liberated and rude at the same time.  My bad.  I quit,  A weight lifted from my shoulders.  The weight-lifting feeling is my personal barometer as to whether I've made a good decision or not.  It works really well if you're thinking about changing jobs.  Send a resume out.  Feel relieved?  Good decision; send more.  Feel panicky or not good?  You're not ready to move on.  Simple, like me.

After a no-guilt weekend with the BFF in lovely Birmingham, here's what I have been doing since my relelation:
Cleaned my studio.  Isn't all this folded fabric beautiful?  A place for everything and everything in its place.  Those of you that know me, stop laughing...NOW!
Adopted a new dog who LIKES to keep my company in the studio.  I have more flattering pictures of the beautiful Eddie, but this is the only one in the studio.  Yes, he needs a bigger bed.  I have the fabric, I have the soft stuff.  It's on the list.  But first I need to finish:

this piece.  As of an hour ago, I am one step closer to that.  After I post this, I'm going to make lots of bias binding.  Each part is about a foot square...let's see, 4 feet of binding each (assuming no mistakes...hahaha...I crack myself up) x 12 = 48 feet of binding.  

But I don't have to read and contemplate Paul's letter to the Romans first!  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment